Subscribe to our newsletter

Perutnina Ptuj Forms Albanian Joint Venture

Slovenian Poultry Leader Perutnina Ptuj Teams Up with Balfin for Albanian Joint Venture

Slovenian poultry giant Perutnina Ptuj, part of Ukraine’s leading agribusiness MHP, has teamed up with Albania’s Balkan Finance Investment Group (BALFIN) to establish Perutnina Ptuj Albania, a new joint venture. 

The formation was greenlit by Ukraine’s Antimonopoly Committee (AMCU) following approval from Albania’s competition regulator in March.

Under the terms of the partnership agreement inked on 8 December 2023, Perutnina Ptuj will hold an 81% stake, with BALFIN securing the remaining 19%. This venture aims to bolster their presence in the Albanian market, where Perutnina currently operates through distributor Kosmonte Foods Tirana.

Additionally, the joint venture is set for a significant expansion with the planned indirect acquisition of over 50% in four Albanian firms—Driza, Fresh Chicken Albania 2019, Industria Foragjere (VEAF), and Euro Alb 2009. This move accompanies an agreement to purchase assets from Albanian businessman Hikmet Driza, encompassing companies such as Kompleksi Patos and Qendra Prinderore.

Perutnina Ptuj Albania will engage in poultry raising, meat and poultry product production, and the manufacture of compound feed, alongside trading and service provision. Their new partners, Driza and Fresh Chicken Albania, specialize in poultry production and processing, while Industria Foragjere focuses on feed mills and supplements, and Euro Alb 2009 on crop cultivation and storage.

MHP, the largest chicken producer in Ukraine, acquired Perutnina Ptuj in February 2019, marking a significant step in its international expansion. The conglomerate’s portfolio includes grain cultivation and sunflower oil production, with its shares actively traded on the London Stock Exchange.

Must Read

SEEnergy Conference Sparks Innovation in Green Energy Transition

The SEEnergy international energy conference, held from 15 to 17 May at the Celje Fair, successfully concluded, marking a significant advancement in the energy...